So yesterday was enrichment and I taught a class on 1 Cor 3:16-17
1 Cor 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God welleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
What I focused on was the just one way we can treat our bodies as Temples, which is to keep them healthy through exercise. I actually made everyone do a couple different kinds of exercises. The last kind was yoga. I had a couple of people ask me about some yoga stuff afterwords, and I know I’ve talked about yoga quite a few times here. I thought I would make a few points about yoga.
- Yoga is awesome
- Don’t do yoga from a cd or dvd unless you’ve actually taken a class from a real live teacher first. You can actually hurt yourself doing yoga if your alignment is wrong. So until you learn alignment, take from a teacher or at least practice with someone who can correct your alignment.
- When you are looking for a yoga class, find an Iyengar yoga certified teacher if you possibly can. If you can’t, then at least find one that checks your alignment and doesn’t just push you quickly through poses. Yoga isn’t about doing a bunch of poses quickly, it’s about taking your time to be in the pose.
- Every pregnant lady should take a pregnancy yoga class.
- Everyone else should think about taking yoga. I’m a firm believer that you need to find an exercise routine that works for you, everyone needs different things. But you should give yoga a try, you might be amazed to learn that it’s the one for you.
- Did I mention yoga is awesome?